Do you get anxious when meeting new people? Keep your mouth closed during photos? Unhappy with your smile? Teeth whitening is a potential solution for all of these situations. You won’t experience the best way to get your teeth whitened with over-the-counter teeth whitening solutions, however. For truly effective teeth whitening in Charleston, Mount Pleasant and the surrounding area, a visit to our office is a must.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
People in South Carolina lose their teeth whiteness for a variety of reasons. Because of this, there are three different types of tooth discoloration:
- Extrinsic: This type of tooth discoloration affects the outer layer of your teeth and can be caused by smoking, drinking (coffee, wine, soda, etc.) and eating certain foods.
- Intrinsic: This type of tooth discoloration affects the inner layer of your teeth and can be caused by too much fluoride, tooth trauma, certain medications and genes.
- Age-related: Teeth also simply lose their whiteness over time. Age-related tooth discoloration is both extrinsic and intrinsic.
Regardless of the cause, tooth coloration can range from a mild tint of yellowness to severe darkening. That’s why it’s important to visit Clements Ferry Dentistry for an evaluation so Dr. Carimi can prescribe the right teeth whitening solution for you.
There are two main methods for whitening your teeth at Clements Ferry Dentistry. You can have the treatment done in-office or take a whitening kit to use at home. The former gives you a significant color change in a short amount of time (usually less than an hour), since Dr. Carimi will apply a high-concentration peroxide gel that can only be used on teeth after they’ve been protected with a special shield. Take-home whitening kits aren’t as strong as in-office bleaching, but are easy to use and can be applied over longer periods of time. They’ll also be superior to over-the-counter teeth whitening kits.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
In addition to giving you a whiter, more beautiful smile, teeth whitening has several other benefits:
- For one, you’ll have more confidence in yourself and less embarrassment in social situations.
- You’ll also be more appealing to the opposite sex and have a better chance for career success, according to several surveys and statistics.
- Finally, if you opt for in-office whitening, you can also have peace of mind knowing the procedure is safe and effective.
If you live near Charleston or Mount Pleasant and are interested in teeth whitening, schedule a consultation with us today!